Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 8, 2013

Growing a Garden of Learners

We are working hard this week.  My best teaching friend, Erica McKimmey and I have started team teaching our Science Mini Units!  We each spend a week teaching our own students and then we switch kids and teach the same unit again to each others students!  It is definitely one of our favorite parts of the last six weeks of school!  It is a great change for us and our little antsy learners!  This week is plants for me and weather for Erica!  Take a peek at my Mini Learning Unit on the Life Cycle of Plants!  It's super cute and an easy add on to my already growing unit!
It's just a click away!  You can get it at my TpT Store! 
We've also been working hard in my newest literacy station pack Grow, Garden, Grow!
Check out my little sweeties hard at work and don't forget to drop by my TpT to grab your station set!  It is a GARDEN of FUN!


Sorting 'oi' and 'oy' words.


Homophone Memory!


Plant Life Cycle!


Sentence Building!


Springtime Riddles!

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog on the TpT forum and I am your newest follower. You have such a cute blog!

    I love these plant units! They look great!

    Beth :)
    A Kindergarten Life For Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found you on the TpT forum. What a lot of fun! Your blog is cute, and I couldn't agree more that this time of year is so much to teach. My kids are so excited about all of our projects, and it looks like your students are having a blast also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! So glad you looked me up! Come back tomorrow I will be hosting a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog off of the TpT thread, and I'm loving all of your fabulous ideas! Your Plant Life Cycle unit looks awesome. I'm going to have to wishlist it for next year (we just wrapped up our plant unit!)
    I'm your newest follower! Great stuff!

    :) Samantha
    Making Lemonade in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melanie - I love the idea of teaming up with your grade level partner to teach the units. What a great way to keep things going for the end of the year. We'll be starting our plant unit soon - we're in school for quite a while longer! I found your blog on the TpT forum. I love all your ideas! ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Melanie, I found u on the TpT website and I love yr amazing ideas. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete